Sunday, May 6, 2012

Milestone Puffery

via
I googled mexican dessert for something to take to a Taco Night hosted by friends. Allowing for my limited ability/motivation in the kitchen, I chose this recipe. It calls for a dough that results in a pastry like bread (or a bread like pastry) unavailable in Australia. 
No, I did not attempt to make a copycat replacement dough. Instead I reached a milestone event in my culinary learning curve - puff pastry! To be clear: I have eaten all sorts of pastry-fied foods in my time on this planet however I have never once cooked with any kind of pastry, hence the milestone. 
So I am pleased to report that the frozen butter puff kind works well enough. With this small tweak to the recipe I give you: 
Australian Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie.
Better yet, with two other tweaks (halve the sugar and butter content CandelB suggests), I give you: 
Australian Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie with
Improved Edibleness plus Bonus
 Reduction of Inevitable Health Problems from
Cooking with Unnecessary Quantities of Sugar and Butter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...